Dhanteras 2022 puja is perform in the evening. Wheat and various pulses are offer along with fresh flowers and prasadam. Small footprints using vermilion to symbolize the arrival of Goddess Lakshmi is made near the entrance of the house as part of Dhanteras pooja. “Many people take out their gold and silver objects from cupboards to perform pooja and clean them with honey, holy water, curd and milk. People added new gold or silver.
Finally, an aarti is perform,” explains Parmar. Goddess Lakshmi is believe to be associate with the Gomti Chakra, a white-coloured shell that has small circles. People, therefore, buy it to welcome the goddess of wealth into their homes. On this day, a Chaumukhi – a square Diya with four wicks – is lit at the main entrance door of the house in the evening. Clay lamps are also lit at the entrance and throughout the household to ward off evil energy and Lord Yama.
It is consider auspicious to buy coriander (dhania) seeds on the occasion of Dhanteras. Dhaniya is consider a symbol of wealth and is offer to Goddess Lakshmi. There are also some seeds in the locker after the puja.
Dhanteras 2022 pooja: How to do dhanteras puja at home
Dhanteras puja is perform two days before Diwali by worshipping Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi at home.
Here is how to do Dhanteras 2022 puja at your home in a simple way:
Kalash, rice, kum kum, coconut and betel leaves are require for the puja. Light the diya to start the puja and this diya should be lit overnight. Traditions suggest that devotees should worship clay and silver or any other metal idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi. Avoid buying glass or plastered idols. The entire family should sit together for the puja for the Rituals. “During the puja, three forms of Goddess Lakshmi – MahaLakshmi, Maha Kaali and Maa Saraswati are worship. People also worship lord Kuber and Ganesha as they represent wealth, education and peace and equanimity,” adds Dhamani.
Prasad of five fruits, five sweets and five dry fruits must be offer. Decorate the temple with fresh flowers, especially red roses and lotus: light camphor, dhoop or incense sticks. Recitation of aartis, ringing of bells and chanting of mantras are rituals to be follow for divine blessings.
Lakshmi puja and Diwali celebrations?
Diwali is one of the most important festivals in our country. It is also the day when the goddess of wealth is worship. Traditionally, most families perform a simple Lakshmi pooja at home on the auspicious day of Diwali. To welcome Goddess Lakshmi, homeowners thoroughly clean their homes. You should remove shoes, slippers and other broken and unwanted items from the entrance of the house. “It is believe that Lakshmi enters only in a clean house. So make sure that the home is free of dust, dirt, cobwebs and old and broken things as they prevent positive energy from entering the house. From a practical point of view, this is done to rid the house of insects and mould that may have form during the monsoons,” explains Parmar.
Diwali is celebrate on the Amavasya day of Kartik month. Since there is no moonlight on Amavasya, diyas are lit to illuminate the home. Lighting diyas means dispelling darkness (ignorance) and represents knowledge, happiness and hope. For Diwali Puja, the temple area should have good energy flow and hence should be clean. “Sun rises from the east, we get maximum energy in that direction”. Keep all the idols on the east wall of your house and face east while worshipping. Diwali puja is done after sunset and the mahurat lasts almost two hours after sunset,” says Parmar.
How to do Diwali Laxmi puja at home
- Make sure you clean the house thoroughly and sprinkle it with Gangajal or water.
- Build an altar or platform. Cover it with a red cloth. Put a few grains in the center.
- Now fill the kalash or copper pot with water, supari, marigold flower, coin and grains. Add mango leaves around the neck of the Kalash.
- Place the Kalash in the center of the platform.
- Arrange a small flat pile of rice grains. Design a lotus flower using turmeric (Haldi). Place the idols of Goddess Lakshmi in the center and the puja thali on the Kalash.
- Keep the Ganesh idol on the right side of the Kalash, in the southwest direction.
- Light an oil lamp using Lakshmi puja oil, preferably Panch Mukhi Diya.
- Place a few coins, books or objects related to your business or wealth in front of the deity.
- Start Diwali Laxmi Puja at home. Apply tilak on Kalash and offer flowers.
- Take a holy bath for the deities in pure water, panchamrit, sandalwood water and rose water. Decorate the idols with turmeric powder, sandal paste and cinnabar. Decorate the idols with garlands and flowers.
- Perform Diwali Laxmi puja aarti while chanting the mantra.
Dhanteras 2022 Puja and Diwali Puja Muhurat
Dhanteras Pooja/ Dhantrayodashi
Muhurat: 18:03 22 October 2022, Saturday, to 18:04 23 October 2022, Sunday.
Diwali Lakshmi Pooja at home
Muhurat: Monday, October 24, 2022 from 6:54 PM to 8:18 PM.
Vastu Tips for Lakshmi Puja on Dhanteras 2022 and Diwali
According to Vastu Shatra, it is important to have knowledge of Lakshmi puja vidhi at home.
- Make sure you keep the idol of Lord Ganesha to the left of Goddess Lakshmi while Goddess Saraswati is place on the right side. All idols should be seat. Place the puja area in the northeast direction of the house. The idols placed in the puja must face the eastern direction. While performing puja, sit facing north.
- Place the Kalash on the chowki covered with red cloth above it, place the idols and decorate it with sindoor and flowers.
- Make a paste of powdered rice and turmeric to make a swastika at the main entrance of the house. Turmeric is consider auspicious and symbolizes prosperity and rice signifies positivity.
- Some of the offerings for Laxmi Puja include batasha (round crunchy sugar candies), laddoos, betel leaves and dry fruits, coconut, sweets and some coins or jewellery.
- Spray salt water in all corners of your home as it absorbs negativity and cleanses the atmosphere.
- Lighting guggal dhoop is consider very auspicious during Diwali. It brings peace to the environment.
- Do not wear dark clothes for Lakshmi Puja as it is consider inauspicious.
- Apart from laddoo Prashad, offer rice kheer as prasad during this puja as it is consider very auspicious.
- Offer lotus to Goddess Lakshmi after Diwali Puja as it is considered very lucky for the house.
- It is auspicious to ring a bell or blow a conch shell at the time of Lakshmi Puja as it removes negative energies from the house.
- Chant Lakshmi mantras and perform aarati to end the puja.
Ways to please Goddess Lakshmi on Diwali Day
- Taking tulsi in a hand chant “Shree” 108 times, as Shree is the name of Goddess Lakshmi,
- Maa Lakshmi loves cleanliness so make sure the home is clean and clutter-free.
- On the occasion of Diwali, worship all three Goddesses Lakshmi, Goddess Durga and Goddess Saraswati.
- On the day of light Diwali, Diya is in every corner of your home to invoke the blessings of Lakshmi and pray for abundance.