Shani Jayanti 2023: Shani Maharaj is considered the god of justice, giving good results for good deeds and bad results for bad deeds . Shani Jayanti comes on the new moon day of Krishna Paksha of Jyeshtha every year in the month. According to mythology, on the date of Jyeshtha Amavasya (ज्येष्ट अमावस्य तिथि) – Shani Dev, the giver of Karma, was born in the house of Father Surya Dev (सुर्य देव) and Mother Chhaya. Bathing and charity have a special meaning on this day. It is said that on this day one who worships Shani dev with a sincere heart will get auspicious results. Things related to Shani should be donate on this day.
We celebrate Shani Jayanti 2023 as the birth of Sani Dev and it’s also call Shani Amavasya. Sani Dev is the son of Lord Suryadev and represents the planet Saturn. Shani Jayanti is Fall 19 May 2023 – Friday. Puja Timing for Shani Jayanti starts on May 18, 2023, at 9:42 PM and will continue till May 19, 2023, at 9:22 PM. On this day, people fast all day and worship his blessings. Jayanti 2023 Puja vidhi, shubu muhurat, puja vidhi, shubh choghadiya, shani dev mantra and more.
Date and Tithi: Shani Jayanti 2023
Shani Jayanti on Friday 19 May 2023
- Amavasya Tithi Begins – May 18, 2023 at 9:42 PM
- Amavasya Tithi ends – 9:22 PM on May 19, 2023
- Shani Amavasya 2023 Date and Tithi: 14 October 2023, Saturday
- Shani Amavasya Tithi Timing: October 13, 9:51 PM – October 14, 11:25 PM
Shubh Puja Muhurat: Shani Jayanti 2023
- Chara – Neutral: 05:28 to 07:11
- Labha – profit: 07:11 to 08:53
- Amrita – Best: 08:53 to 10:35
- Kala – Loss: 10:35 to 12:18
- Shubha – Good: 12:18 PM to 2:00 PM
- Roga – Evil: 14:00 to 15:42
- Udvega – Bad : 15:42 to 17:25
Shani Jayanti Puja Vidhi and Upvas rules?
- In the morning take bath on Shani Jayanti and go to Shani temple and offer oil.
- Donate food to the poor.
- Wear black clothes to impress Lord Shani.
- Offer blue flowers and Bhoga to the idol.
- Peform Shanti Dev mantra ॐ नीलांजन समाभासं रवि पुतरं जम | चाजामार्टंड संभूतं तं नमामि शनैष्म || and ॐ शनाईच्चराय विदमहे चायापुत्राय धहि | तन्नो मंद: प्रचोडायत ||
- He must donate black tulle seeds, black muslin cloth, castor oil, black henna and iron nails.
- Chant Shani Deva Shloka 11000 times “OM PRAM PRIM PROM SAH SHANAYE NAMAH” or Om Sanaischaraya Vidmahe Sooryaputraya Dheemahi, Tanno Manda Prachodayata.
- Shiva’s worship is a proven means to remove Shanti-related faults or gain his grace.
- Feed the black dog, crow or other animals. Buy shani yantra to improve your shani.
What is the story of this Jayanti?
According to Hindu texts, Shani Dev is the son of Lord Surya and Devi Chaaya, the shadow of Lord Surya’s wife, Devi Saranya. It is said that Devi Sarnyu could not bear the heat and brightness of Lord Surya and left him. She left for Penance and left her Shadow Chaaya to take her place. As Shani Dev was born at a time when Devi Chaaya was in severe penance and meditating on Lord Shiva, he was born dark. Lord Shani’s dark complexion made Lord Surya doubt Chaaya’s chastity and insult her.
It is said that once infuriate by Lord Surya’s insults, Lord Shani give him a cruel look that left him burn and his complexion blackened. At that time Lord Shiva healed Lord Surya and revealed the truth about the birth of Chaaya and Lord Shani. Lord Shiva also blessed Lord Shani with great power and authority to punish people for their bad and evil deeds.
What is the significance of Shani Jayanti?
Lord Shani is the deity of the planet Saturn and Saturday. Saturn is considered the slowest-moving planet according to celestial movements. From an astrological point of view, therefore, where this planet is place in an individual’s birth chart is of fundamental and enormous importance. Saturn is usually consider a planet that has inauspicious effects on the lives of the natives and hence is fear by people.
But the fact is that this slow-moving planet is the planet of karma. It offers success only to people who have gone through penance, hardships and struggles and worked hard in their lives with discipline and sincere efforts. Whether an individual will be bless or prone to misfortune depends on his actions in past and present lives.
Lord Shani is fair and just and gives the native the result of their karma. Shani is consider the Lord of the West and is also popular under various names including Sauri, Manda, Neel, Yama, Kapilaksha and Chhata Sunu.
All individuals are believe to go through the stage of Shani Sade Sati once in their lifetime and this is the time when they experience the most complex struggles of their lives. However, if your deeds are good, then Lord Shani will bestow his blessings during this period to help you achieve success and get rid of such pain and suffering.
Hence, Hindus tend to worship and pray to Lord Shani to please him and mitigate his malefic effects. People facing Sade Sati should pray to the deity regularly. By fasting on the day of Shani Jayanti and visiting the temples of Lord Shani, devotees are bless with happiness.
What are the benefits of Shani Puja?
The malefic aspect of Lord Shani is said to be the cause of sadness, dullness, laziness, conservativeness, failure, poverty, procrastination and all inauspicious things or adversities. So when you do Shani Puja on Shani Jayanti, you can seek his blessings and get all these benefits:
- Relief from malefic effects of Saturn or cycle of Saturn called Shani Sade Sati in the horoscope.
- Shani Puja is a powerful ritual to pacify all astrological problems caused by Saturn.
- The native who goes through all the obstacles and bad luck will get relief and peace.
- Shani Puja mitigates the consequences of all your evil deeds. It provides forgiveness and comfort.
- Reduces the punishment imposed by Lord Shani for past deeds.
- Improvement in every area is it health, finance, career and many more.
- The natives get positive results for their good deeds and get a fair share of their efforts.
- People achieve their goals without any obstacles and achieve success in their endeavours in every aspect of life.