The story of Lord Shri Satyanarayana is mentioned in the Revakhand of Skanda Purana. This story, fulfilling all kinds of desires, proves its usefulness in many ways. This story teaches the truth of truth to all sections of society. The fasting story of Lord Shri Satyanarayana is a well-known story for the believers of the Hindu religion. There is an innumerable number of lovers of this story all over India, who regularly observe and parayan this story and fast.
Considering the truth as God, if a person from any section of the society listens to this fast and story with loyalty, then he definitely gets the desired result from it. It is said in the scriptures that by conducting Satyanarayan Katha, the result is equal to the sacrifice performed for thousands of years. Along with this, listening to Satyanarayan Katha is also considered a matter of good fortune. It is generally seen that the story of Satyanarayan Vrat is heard before any auspicious work or on the fulfillment of wishes.
According to the legend of Shree Satyanarayan’s fast, once in a long time, Lord Shree Hari Vishnu was resting in Kshirsagar. At that time Narad Ji came there. Seeing Narad Ji, Lord Shri Hari Vishnu said – O Maharishi, what is the purpose of your coming?
Then Narad Ji said –
Narayan Narayan Prabhu! You are the nurturer. are omniscient. Lord – tell me such a simple and small remedy, by doing which the welfare of the people of the earth will be done. On this Lord
Shri Hari Vishnu said – O Devarshi! The person who wants to enjoy worldly pleasures and wants to go to the afterlife. He must do Satyanarayan Puja.
Vyasa Muni Ji describes the fast told by Vishnu in the Skanda Purana. Sukhdev Muni Ji told the sages about this fast in Naimisharanya Tirtha. Sukhdev Muni Ji said and in the fast of this Satyanarayan Katha, those who further fasted like the old woodcutter, the wealthy Seth, the story of the cowherd and Lilavati Kalavati, etc. This is the origin of Satyanarayan Katha, the dialogue of Narad Ji and Vishnu Ji.
How to do fasting
- After this Narad Ji requested Lord Shri Hari Vishnu to explain the fasting method. Then Lord Shri Hari Vishnu said-
- To observe Satyanarayan Vrat, a person should fast throughout the day.
- After bathing the worshiper of Shri Satyanarayan Vrat, wear clean or washed clean clothes.
- Apply tilak on the forehead and start worshiping in the auspicious time.
- For this, worship Lord Satyanarayan on an auspicious seat facing east or north.
- After this read or listen to Satyanarayan Vrat Katha.
- In the evening, a great pundit should be called and the story of Satya Narayan should be heard.
- Offer charanamrit, paan, sesame, moli, roli, kumkum, fruits, flowers, panchagavya, betel nut, durva, etc. This pleases Satyanarayan Dev.
- Satyanarayana Vrat is of special importance on the full moon day, because Purnima is the favorite day of Satyanarayana, on this day the moon rises with full phases, and offering Arghya to the full moon brings perfection in a person’s life.
- Arghya should be offered to the full moon with water.
- After purifying the atmosphere of the house, place an urn on the post and worship the idol of Lord Vishnu or the photo of Satyanarayana.
- Gather the family members and do bhajans, kirtans, dance songs, etc. Take prasad with everyone, then offer Arghya to the moon. This is the easiest way in the world of death to get the blessings of Lord Satyanarayan.
Chant ‘Om Shri Satyanarayanay Namah’ 108 times
DATES AND TIMINGS OF SATYANARAYANA POOJA AND VRAT OF 2021
28th January 2021 1:17 AM, JAN 28 TO 12:45 AM JAN 29
27th February 2021 3:49 PM, FEB 26 TO 1:46 PM FEB 27
28th March 2021 3:27 AM, MAR 28 TO 12:17 AM, MAR 29
27th April 2021 12:44 PM APR 26 TO 9:01 AM, APR 27
26th May 2021 08:29 PM, MAY 25 TO 04:43 PM, MAY 26
24th June 2021 03:32 AM, JUN 24 TO 12:09 AM, JUN 25
25th July 2021 10:43 AM, JUL 23 TO 08:06 AM JUL 24
22nd August 2021 07:00 PM AUG 21 TO 5:31 PM, AUG 22
20th September 2021 05:28 AM,SEP 20 TO 05:24 AM, SEP 21
20th October 2021 07:03 PM, OCT 19 TO 08:26 PM, OCT 20
19th November 2021 12:00 PM, NOV 18 TO 02:26 PM, NOV 19
19th December 2021 07:24 AM, DEC 18 TO 10:05 AM, DEC 19
Satyanarayan Vrat Vidhi :
Today many people worship and fast for Satyanarayan. This worship is completed in two ways. First fast and second story. There are many people who fast for Vishnu Ji and there are some people who make Satyanarayan Ji worship in their house in which the story is also narrated. This puja is performed only by a learned Brahmin. The brahmin tells you the auspicious time and gets the worship done on that muhurta. If you are doing the story of Satyanarayan and fasting, then here we are telling you the fast method of this worship.
Do Satyanarayan Vrat and Katha like this:
A whole day fast is observed for this worship. Where you want to worship, sanctify it with cow dung. Then make an alpana there. Place a checkpoint on top of it. Place banana leaves around this post. Then make Ashtadal or Swastika on the post. Put rice in the middle. Then spread a red cloth on it. Then establish Lord Ganesha with betel nut. After this put the picture of Satyanarayan Ji here. Along with this, the idol of Shri Krishna or Narayan should also be installed. Keep a conch on the right side of Satyanarayana. Then keep an urn filled with clean water on the same side. Take sugar or rice in a bowl. Keep this bowl on the Kalash. same bowl. Put coconut on this bowl
Then place the lamp on the left side of the post. Make a Navagraha Mandal in front of the place where you have placed the post. Take a white cloth for this. Place a heap of rice on it at nine places. After that, you can start puja. Make Panchamrit in Prasad. Also, keep panjiri and fruits made from wheat flour.
Take the name of Lord Ganesha before starting the puja. Worship them. After this, invoke Indraadi Dashdikpal and other deities. After this start worshiping Satyanarayan. The story narrated by the brahmin during the puja should be listened to with devotion and attention. After Lord Satyanarayana, one should also worship Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Shiva. In the end, perform aarti of all the Gods. Then distribute the prasad that you have made to everyone. It is said that worship of Shri Satyanarayana should be done on Purnima or Sankranti. This is done only once a month.