Narasimha Jayanti 2023 symbolizes good over evil. The term Narimha is compose of two Sanskrit words, “Nara” meaning “man” and “Simha” meaning “lion” and this perfectly describes the half-human, half-lion avatar of Lord Vishnu. It was on this day that Lord Vishnu took the incarnation of Narasimha for his devotee Prahlada and killed the tyrannical Hiranyakashipu.
Lord Narasimha Srihari is consider to be a fierce and powerful form of Vishnu. On this day Lord Vishnu established religion and peace. This year, Narasimha Jayanti will be celebrate on May 14. Scroll down the article to know more about the Narasimha Jayanti date, muhurta and method of worship.
Narasimha Jayanti 2022: Date, Puja Muhurat
Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Chaturdashi Tithi Start: May 3, 2023, at 11:50 PM
- Chaturdashi Tithi Ends: on May 4, 2023, at 11:23 PM
- Sayana Kala Puja Time: 4:18 PM to 6:58 PM
Narasimha Jayanti 2023 is consider an important day and festival in Hinduism. Narasimha is the fourth incarnation of Lord Vishnu. In Narasimha Avatar Lord Vishnu took half lion and half human. Narasimha was like his face and a lion in the incarnation and the rest of the body was like humans. Narasimha Jayanti is celebrate as a festival in Hinduism. This festival is celebrate on Chaturdashi day of Shukla Paksha month of Vaishakh. On the same day, Narasimha Bhagwan killed a monster named Hiranyakshap. All devotees of Vishnu also fast on this day.
Lord Narasimha Hindu Date Chaturdashi appeare at the time of sunset and therefore Lord Narasimha is worship at sunset. The purpose of Narasimha Jayanti is to remove iniquity and follow the path of religion. Religion is doing right deeds and not harming anyone.
Story: Why did Lord Vishnu take an Avatar?
Lord Vishnu took Narasingh’s Avatar to protect his devotee Prahlad. Prahlad’s father was a demon name Hiranyakashap. Hiranyakashap crossed all limits of injustice. When Hiranyakashap wanted to kill his own son Prahlada. Hiranyakashap asked Lord Brahma that “I am in any residence and outside, day and night, neither in heaven nor on earth, nor from humans, nor from animals, nor from Devas, nor from the monster. Don’t understand death”. On receiving such a boon, Hiranyakashap began to understand himself as Ajay and began to hate Lord Vishnu and began to understand God Himself. But Hiranyakashap’s son was a devotee of Vishnu, so Hiranyakashp wanted to kill his son Prahlada. Lord Vishnu took Narasinha to protect Prelada.
God’s name Narasimha
Narasimha Bhagwan is also know as Narahari, Auri Madhya Vishnu, and Hiranyakipu Ari.
Narasimhadeva is the prayer of many, including some key ones.
Om ugraṁ vīraṁ mahāviṣṇu jvalantaṁ sarvatōmukham.
Narasinhaṁ bhīṣaṇaṁ bhadraṁ mr̥tyumr̥tyaṁ namāmayam.
Means – he is a fierce and Shur-heroic Mahavishnu, spreading his flame and heat. O Narasimhadeva, your face is omnipresent, you are after death and I surrender Smcsha to you.
Narasimha Jayanti 2023 worship
On Jayanti 2023 day in the morning, he should bathe and worship God Statue of Narasimha and Vishnu etc. He should fast all day and at sunset time God must worship and pray to Narasimha. It is good to donate clothes, precious metals and sesame seeds on this day.
Rituals observed on Narasimha Jayanti?
- Devotees fast on this day. They get up early in the morning, bathe and prepare for pooja. The image or idol of Lord Narshimha and Goddess Laxmi is place on the altar, decorated with flowers and the pooja will be performe.
- Gram dal and jaggery are offer to God. Sweets, kumkum, kesar etc. are offer to the Lord.
- The Narasimha mantra is recitd using Rudraksha mala. Devotees donate clothes, sesame seeds, precious metals etc. to poor people on this day.
- Devotees take Sankalp during the afternoon and perform puja in the evening before sunset.
- People must fast until the next morning. Fasting on this day is believe to provide relief from all problems. Generally, the fast is broke once the Chaturdashi Tithi is over.
- There are many Narasimha Swamy temples in South India which are dedicate to Lord Narasimha along with his consort Goddess Lakshmi and special pooja and celebrations are hold in the temple on this day.
- Devotees come to the temple on this day and pray to the Almighty.