What exactly is Nadi dosha?
In ancient times, knowledge and information were provided only through the mouth. The process of sharing knowledge through written words started 3000 years after that. That is when ancient writers started keeping written details of many thousand years old astrological heritage full of Indian literature, science, and spirituality. Some media were used for writing and collecting information, hard granite stones, thin copper plates and bark of trees, etc. But palm leaves were used to collect the information on Nadi astrology. The sages had meticulously written each story related to our life in these palm leaves with the help of special tools and writings. All this was done by hand without damaging the palm leaves. This writing went on continuously without giving any spacing between the words. This is the reason why reading palm leaves requires special practice as well as knowledge of ancient Tamil and Sanskrit languages. When the work of carving the words on the palm leaves was completed, then these palm leaves were coated with lamp soot or turmeric. So that the inscribed writing becomes more clear and readable. Along with this, oil coating was also done on these palm leaves so that they could be kept safe for a long time. After this, groups of palm leaves with the same thumb impression were placed between two wooden strips and tied with a rope.
Marriage is considered to be the most important sacrament among the 16 sacraments in Hinduism. Before marriage, the merits are matched according to the birth and name of the bride and groom. In astrology, some 36 Gunas are matched for marriage. Out of which 50% guna matching is considered auspicious for marriage. But one of the defects formed in the process of Kundli matching is Nadi Dosha. In astrology, Nadi dosha is considered more inauspicious. It is said that due to the formation of Nadi Dosha in Kundli matching, one may have to face adversities like poverty, death of one or both of the bride and groom.
- If this happens in the constellations, it is not considered Nadi Dosha1. If both the boy and the girl are born in different phases of the same Nakshatra, then Nadi Dosha is not considered.
- If the birth sign of both is same and the constellations are different, then it is not considered as Nadi Dosha.
- If the birth constellation of both is the same and the birth signs are different, then the Nadi
Dosha ends. This day is the first new moon of 2021, know when this date will fall this year
The benefits of these measures are1. If the pulse of both the bride and the bridegroom is in the middle, then the man is afraid of life. In this situation, it is very necessary for a man to chant Mahamrityunjaya. If both the bride and the bridegroom have a pulse, then the woman is afraid of life. In this situation, chanting Kanya Mahamrityunjaya is very necessary.
- To reduce the effect of Nadi Dosha, one should donate Godan or gold to a Brahmin. Apart
from this, food should be donated equal to its weight on the anniversary. Also food and clothes
should be donated to Brahmins.
When is there no pulse?
Even if there is only one Nadi, it is not considered as Nadi Dosha in the following situations:
- If both the boy and the girl were born in different phases of the same Nakshatra, then even if the pulse of both of them is the same, then it is not considered a defect.
- If the birth sign of both of them is the same and the constellations are different, then even after the Nadi of the bride and groom is one, Nadi Dosha does not form.
- If the birth constellation of both is the same, but the birth signs are different, even then even after the Nadi of the bride and groom is one, Nadi Dosh is not formed.
Adi Nadi- Jyestha, Mool, Ardra, Punarvasu, Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Shatabhisha, Poorva Bhadra, and Ashwini Nakshatras are counted in the Adi Nadi.
The constellations Pushya, Mrigashira, Chitra, Anuradha, Bharani, Gharni, Poorvashatha, Poorva Phalguni, and Uttara Bhadra are counted in the middle Nadi.
Swati, Vishakha, Kritika, Rohini, Ashlesha, Magha, Uttarashada, Shravan, and Revathi constellations are counted in the Antya Nadi.
What are the disadvantages of Nadi Dosha?
- Some health problems can happen to either of the two.
- Birth of a physically handicapped or disabled child
- Conflict or disturbance in married life.
- Lack of love between husband and wife.
- chances of infertility
Marriage to Lord Vishnu – Before marrying a boy of her choice, the bride can marry Lord Vishnu to remove the effects of Nadi Dosha. This remedy is one of the most effective ways to remove Nadi Dosha.
Chanting of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra – A person with Nadi Dosha should chant Mahamrityunjaya Mantra as advised by an astrologer. If the mantra is performed in the right way, it can have a huge impact in curing Nadi dosha.
Donate food, clothes, and other things – If there is Nadi dosha, poor or Brahmin family should donate food, clothes, grains, and other things. This can reduce the effect of Nadi Dosha.
Nadi Dosh Nivaran Puja – Couple with Nadi Dosh should perform Nadi Dosh Nivaran Puja. By doing this one can get rid of all the side effects of Nadi Dosha. Do this worship by asking the priest.