Chandra Grahan: Lunar Eclipse 2023– This eclipse will be visible in parts of Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Pacific, the Atlantic, the Indian Ocean and Antarctica.
Chandra Grahan 2023, Chandra Grahan Sutak Kaal: The first lunar eclipse or Chandra Grahan of 2023 will take place tomorrow i.e. 5th May. This eclipse will be visible in parts of Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Pacific, the Atlantic, the Indian Ocean and Antarctica. This year it follows Buddha Purnima and Chandra Grahan on the same day.
Chandra Grahan 2023 Date and Time in India?
- The first lunar eclipse of 2023 will be on Friday, May 5 in India.
- First contact with Penumbra – 20:45
- Maximum eclipse – 10:53 p.m
- Last Contact with Penumbra – 1:00 AM, May 6th
- The duration of the penumbral phase – 4 hours 15 minutes 34 seconds
Lunar Eclipse 2023: How long does the lunar eclipse last?
This Lunar Eclipse will last 4 hours 15 minutes 34 seconds according to Astroeshop. However, the length of the eclipse varies by location.
Chandra Grahan: What to eat during a lunar eclipse?
Many subjects are prohibit during Chandra Grahan. Therefore, one should not eat for twelve hours before the solar eclipse ends. However, children, the sick and the elderly are limited to only one Prague or 3 hours. Other prohibited activities include drinking water, applying oil to the hair or body, and more.
Lunar Eclipse 2023: Precautions for Pregnant Women During Lunar Eclipse
Pregnant women are advise not to venture outside during the Eclipse. In addition, pregnant women are also advised not to cut or sew any fabric or perform other similar activities as these activities have similar effects on the baby.
Lunar Eclipse 2023: Rituals after Grahan?
- After an Eclipse, it is recommended to discard all cooked food.
- Everyone should consume only freshly cooked food after facing any Grahan.
- Foods like wheat, rice, other grains and pickles should be protected by adding Kusha grass or Tulasi leaves which cannot be thrown away.
- Once the eclipse is over, one should take a bath and make an offering. It is considered highly beneficial.
Chant mantras during lunar Eclipse?
Tamomaya Mahabhima Somasuryavimardana.
Hematarapradanena Mama Shantiprado Bhava॥1॥
Vidhuntuda Namastubhyam Simhikanandanachyuta।
Danenanena Nagasya Raksha Mam Vedhajadbhayat|
Chandra Grahan 2023: How to watch?
One can observe Chandra Grahan with the naked eye if the sky is clear and as we all know it will be a penumbral lunar eclipse so it will only reduce the brightness of the moon which will make it a little difficult to observe. People who want to really enjoy watching this celestial event can use binoculars and binoculars.
Most people are confuse about whether they can view the lunar eclipse directly with the naked eye or not. So here we clear all doubts and yes, according to NASA, unlike solar eclipse, a lunar eclipse can be seen directly with nake eyes, There is no harm in looking like this.
Chandra Grahan: Will this Penumbra Lunar Eclipse be visible in India?
This time on May 5, 2023, it will be visible from India, weather permitting, and most parts of the world where the Moon will be above the horizon at the time of the eclipse, including Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Indian Ocean.
Lunar Eclipse 2023: Here’s a list of dos and don’ts
1. People usually avoid going out of the house during a lunar or solar eclipse because they can emit harmful rays.
2. Children are not allow to leave the house during the lunar eclipse, nor to look at it alone.
3. No puja or other auspicious activities will be perform during this time.
4. Even pregnant women should avoid going out of the house during a lunar eclipse People believe that chanting holy mantras and hours of meditation will ward off bad energy.
5. In some cases, people also close the windows and draw the curtains during the eclipse.
6. People also believe that bathing before and after an eclipse is beneficial.
7. Eating and drinking is strictly prohibit during a lunar eclipse, as people believe that the strong rays of the cosmic planets during the celestial event can damage the properties of the food.
8. Some people also add Tulsi or basil leaves to their food to cleanse negativity after an eclipse.
9. From a scientific point of view, a lunar eclipse is completely safe to observe with the naked eye.
Chandra Garahan: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Chandra Grahan or Lunar Eclipse 2023?
When the Earth passes between the Sun and the Moon, at that time total lunar eclipse blood moon occurs.
2. What are the types of Chandra Grahan or Total lunar eclipse blood moon?
Total, Partial and Penumbral Lunar Eclipse: these are the three types of Chandra Garhan
3. What will be Chandra Grahan’s exact timing?
Chandra Grahan will be on May 5, 2023. Also called Lunar Eclipse
4. When will be the next Chandra Grahan?
The next Chandra Grahan will be a partial lunar Eclipse, it will occur on October 28, 2023.
5. Why should we not eat during a lunar eclipse?
According to the Vedas, Chandra Grahan affects the human system in many ways – physically, psychologically and energetically. Eclipse radiation is believed to kill microorganisms, so nothing should be eaten during the eclipse.